Machangulo Beach lodge, Maputo bay
375 USD Diving Beaches Culture
Machangulo Beach Lodge offers a memorable stay. Located between Inhaca Island and the dunes of the Santa Maria Peninsula, it overlooks endless white beaches, pristine and untouched dune forests, estuaries bursting with life and eternally wide open ocean.
The Lodge is situated an hour and 15 minutes boat ride from the Maputo Marina.
The lodge features 10 private luxury chalets with breathtaking views of the Ocean and / orInhaca Island. Each chalet has an on-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, mosquito net, mini-bar, room safe, tea and coffee facilities, and private deck. All the chalets are connected by walkways and staircases to the main buildings and the beach. Butterflies and monkeys will great you in the paths.
The lovely main building includes a large inviting lounge with bar area and large dining area. Hidden behind the main building is the Boma area where evenings are spent beside the fire while enjoying the tranquil Mozambican nights, discussing the day’s catch and dreaming about tomorrow’s great plans! There is also a beach bar, a pool and deck to cool down before an afternoon siesta.
On offer, a world of fun and exciting activities for everyone. Whether you need to relax and soak up the sun or experience the thrill of having a great big game fish at the end of your fishing line, the friendly activities staff will ensure that you are well taken care of.
• Guided offshore and channel fishing
• Rock and surf fishing both guided and unguided
• Fly fishing both from the shore and boat
• Snorkeling Inhaca Marine Reserve and on the house reef
• Diving (diving packages available)
• Tours of Inhaca Island – guided
• Cultural tour of Santa Maria with lunch and drinks at the famous Teka Teka barExploration of the Maputo Bay Estuaries
• Seasonal Whale Watching trips(June to November)
• Turtle nesting activities (late spring)
• Flamingo, albatross and seabird trips (estuary)
• Amazing secluded beach and dune forest walks
• Bird watching (classified bird life IBA)
• Relaxing at the pool, beach or in the hammocks
Hidden away amid the dunes and hiding among the forests, it has a warm and inviting atmosphere. A great venue to commune with Nature and create unforgettable memories.
- King size bed
- Air conditionning
- Complimentary water in the room
- Safety Deposit Box
- Twin beds
- Internet access
- Visa credit card accepted
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Mosquito net
- Hair dryer
- Swimming pool
Price terms and conditions
Rates per person per night sharing $375
The prices include:
• Accommodation in an ocean view chalet
• All meals. This includes breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks
• Non-motorized activities : stand up paddling, kayak, snorkeling, a guided sand dunes tour
• Teas, coffees, drinking water and selected juices, cookies
• Wi-Fi internet service throughout the lodge
The prices exclude:
• Motorized and guided activities, nanny service, supervised children’s activities.
• Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Add USD 50 per person per night for fully inclusive option.
• All Transfers, travel visas and taxes.
• In-room mini bar
Children of all ages are welcome. A nanny service, play area and children’s activities are available.
• Children between 2 and 12 years sharing with 2 adults pay 25% of adult rates
• Children between 13 and 17 years pay 50% of adult rates – if sharing with adult.
• Maximum 2 children in a room (subjected to availability)
50% discount on the accommodation of the bride from 5 nights booked. It includes an amazing honeymoon basket with Moet & Chandon Champagne, couples gift and snacks, a free dinner in room's patio or on the beach (weather permitting) and a romantic dhow cruise to Santa Maria village.
Pay for 4 nights stay for 5 and receive free return boat transfers from Maputo Marina
Validity: all year round except during peak seasons 13 December to 7 January. Offers cannot be combined.