Ibo island lodge, Quirimbas Archipelago
405 USD Diving Beaches Culture
Ibo island lodge is located on a prime waterfront site, where romantic dhows sail out to sea on each high tide. The lodge comprises magnificent mansions each over 100 years old. Some rooms are sea facing while others are garden facing. Ibo island is a potential World Heritage Site and wherefore the rooms have been designed to incorporate the original architecture of the buildings. All are individually designed and unique. The wide verandas are furnished with hand craft furniture and soft cushions. All rooms are air conditioned but also have ceiling fan. Bathrooms are equipped with large shower, outdoor shower or bathtub.
The lodge has 2 swimming pools set in the tropical garden, an air conditioned lounge, private dinning room as well as a roof terrace restaurant with open air terrace with beautiful sea views for after dinner drinks under the stars. Exquisite massages and healing treatments are also on offer for your well being.
Beach, sailing, fishing, swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking and exploring in taking part in cultural and historical island tours and mangrove and bird watching tours.
Swim, relax and snorkel on a paradisaical beach reached in a 30 minutes dhow trip. A Bedouin style tent offering shade and umbrellas is dressed for you to enjoy this total luxurious seclusion. Lunch or brunch is served on the sand bank.
Ibo island historic tour. Take a guided historical and cultural tour and immerse yourself in the unchanged, ancient culture of Ibo island.
Mangrove excursion. A guide will take you into Ibo's lush, fertile channels to understand more about this precious eco-system and the outstanding bird and marine life it supports.
The lodge has a unique feel of the past. The bedrooms are very spacious and individually decorated with antics. The roof terrace is the perfect place to view sunsets, birds and passing dhows. Fresh coffee or tea are delivered to your private veranda in the morning by smiling staff. A beautiful place to relax, discover and enjoy the island.
Ibo lodge was elected one of the best secret beach on the planet by “Travel & Leisure” magazine in March 2012
- King size bed
- Air conditionning
- Complimentary water in the room
- Twin beds
- Internet access
- Visa credit card accepted
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Mosquito net
- Hair dryer
- Swimming pool
Price terms and conditions
Rates are per person, per night based on double occupancy
Sea facing bedroom from $405
Single supplement $150
Private villa Paradiso accommodating up to 10 persons in 5 lovely ensuite rooms, please inquire
Those rates are inclusive of:
• Full board
• Tea and coffee
• Guided island historical and cultural tours
• Non-motorized water sports
• Unguided kayaking
• A daily return transfer to a private beach by dhow (around 30 min trip)
Those rates are exclusive of:
• National Park entrance and conservation fees
• Optional activities (diving packages available)
• Motorized water sports
• Community fee
• Visa fee
• Insurances (mandatory)
Children sharing with parents (max 2 children) shall be charged 50% of adult sharing rate – subject to availability of a suitable room.
Please note that there is a 15kg strict weight limit per person for all luggage on the Pemba/Ibo air transfer.
Honeymooners privileges 7 nights - The bride stays at half price & the groom qualifies for 1 free night
Honeymooners privileges 5 nights - The bride stays at half price
- Meet and greet in Pemba
- Return scenic light aircraft transfers to Ibo Island from Pemba
- Pemba departure tax on transfers
- Refreshing non-alcoholic cocktail on arrival
- Accommodation at the beautiful Ibo Island Lodge
- All meals daily (drinks excluded)
- Daily boat excursions per person to Ibo Island’s best kept secret... the sand bank beach
- Unlimited access to fully guided island historical tours - discover the history
- Unlimited fully guided Ibo of today cultural experience - a chance to get to know the people
- Morning coffee or tea wake up
- Bubbly in the room on arrival
- Romantic turn down
- Three course romantic dinner for two in the lodge’s garden, including 1 bottle of Ibo house wine
- Traditional Ibo Massage for the bride
- Medical evacuation assistance
THE DEFINITIVE IBO ISLAND LODGE EXPERIENCE
Stay for 5 nights and pay only for 4
Those offers are not valid during peak season in August and from December 11 to January 6 2018