Azura Quilalea Private Island Lodge, Quirimbas Archipelago
825 USD Diving Beaches
Azura is a unique luxury Indian Ocean Eco-island lodge located in the stunningly beautiful Quirimbas archipelago. Quilalea Island is a private, uninhabited island paradise surrounded by the pristine waters of the marine sanctuary.
The 9 luxury seafront villas are set on two of the 4 beaches. They are built from natural coral stones and makuti thatch. They are all equipped with indoor and outdoors showers, a private deck stretching out the beach with day beds and sun-loungers for relaxing. All are spacious with stylish decors of wood and fabrics. The gleaming white beach is only a few steps away.
Guests can control their own energy consumption using power for the minimum requirements for the rooms (fans, lights) or full utilization with air-conditioned.
You can choose from 3 categories of villa: Kaskazi villas, Kusi villas or villa Quilalea which has a private plunge pool and a perfect location on the cliff top.
The island may also be booked out in its exclusivity for an absolute private island experience.
Azura common areas include hammocks under the trees, a swimming pool, a spa room treatments, a bar, a chill out zone with inviting cushions, a dinning room serving exquisite meals, a wine cellar, q PADI dive and water sports center, a TV and media room and a boutique.
Children are very welcome at Azura however they are requested to respect guest privacy and tranquility.
No children sharing villa quilalea
• Fauna and flora observation. Quilalea is covered in indigenous vegetation, statuesque baobabs and stunning flora and fauna
• Relax and indulge in one of the 4 island beaches. The most remote of the four beaches is home to dozens of nestling turtles as well as a very pretty spot for a private picnic lunch.
• Snorkeling and diving : snorkeling is directly accessible off the beach and around most of the island. Waters are patrolled by huge potato bass and schools of hunting fishes
• Cliff-top African spa
• Beach picnics / private dining experiences
• Island baobab nature walk mangrove
• Diving courses
• Deep sea fishing
• Sea kayaking and stand up paddling
• Dhow sailing dhow sunset cruise
• Island hopping and remote beach picnics
• Cultural visits including nearby historic Ibo island
• Tours of the working coconut plantation on Quirimba island and the local village
Azura’s Rainbow fund registered charity is the only one of its kind in Mozambique. It undertakes a number of initiatives including steps to further protect the pristine natural and marine environment aided by the Eco energy control initiative. It also assists the nearby community of Quissanga and Quirimba with donations and events like world children’s day.
A hidden gem, the perfect island for a chic retreat from the hustle and bustle of daily life in absolute privacy. The magical island is an authentic nature lovers' paradise.
- King size bed
- Air conditionning
- Complimentary water in the room
- Safety Deposit Box
- Twin beds
- Internet access
- Satellite / Cable TV
- Visa credit card accepted
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Mosquito net
- Hair dryer
- Swimming pool
Price terms and conditions
Rates per person per night per person sharing
Kaskazi villa from $825
Kusi villa $925
Villa Quilalea $1.195
Children are welcome at Azura in villas Kaskazi and Kusi however guest privacy and tranquility must be respected
Children of 17 years and over pay full price
Children from 9 to 16 in their own villa pay 90% of adult rate (minimum 2 children)
Children from 6 to 16 sharing with 2 adults pay 50% of adult rate
Children under 6 pay stay for free staying with 2 adults
(Maximum 2 kids sharing with 2 adults per villa in all cases)
The whole island exclusive use rates are available on request
Those rates include:
• Accommodation in sea facing villa
• All meals – the restaurant serves exquisite sea food and fishes.
• House wines, local spirits, soft drinks, water, tea an coffee
• Sunset cocktail of the day
• Mozambican butler / host service
• Use of snorkeling equipment and a house reef dive
• Use of kayaks and paddle boards
• Baobab walking trails
• Various honeymoon special treats
• Various children’s activities
• EVAC medical insurance from Pemba
The rates exclude:
• Premium spirits, wines, cocktails and champagnes
• Guided / specialist activities, fishing, boat hire, motorized snorkeling
• Island hopping, dhow sailing, scuba diving and courses
• Special private dining events and beach picnics
• Spa treatments, personal gifts, laundry service and staff gratuities
• National park entrance fee
• Optional rainbow fund contribution
• 17% government tax is charged on all extras locally
• Travel insurance (mandatory)
Single supplement: 50% surcharge
Villa Quilalea single surcharge: 100%
From Pemba Airport to Azura flaying away by helicopter and will be booked automatically at $640 per person including taxes.
• Helicopter transfers valid between 06h00-17h00 only, any arrival/departure outside these times will be subject to private charter rates, quote on request.
• Rate for Helicopter transfers are subject to change without notice for reasons outside of our control.
These offers are subjected to availability and valid from January 7th to December 15th 2019
The bride receives a 40% discount on stays of 5 nights or more
Stay 6 nights and pay only for 5 nights
Please contact us for last minute, other special offers and SADC rates