Ilha de Mozambique and Lake Niassa, Culture and Wilderness
4950 USD 12 days / 11 nights
A fantastic and stylish journey in North Mozambique will take you to magical and cultural Ilha de Mozambique before heading to the wild shores of Lake Niassa.
DAY 1 / NAMPULA – ILHA DE MOZAMBIQUE
A luxury retreat in a stunning location with views to the crystal waters, mangroves and Ilha de Mozambique. History, nature, gastronomy, splendid beach are the treasures to be savored.
Check in for 4 nights in this oasis of well being on a full board basis.
DAYS 2 TO 4 / ILHA DE MOZAMBIQUE
Three days to discover the natural and cultural wonders surroundings the lodge. Indulge in the absolute comfort of your villa or enjoy a wide range of activities: bird watching, snorkeling, diving, whale watching (July to October), cooking classes, fishing, windsurfing, sailing, canoeing and of course a cultural visit to Ilha de Mozambique.
DAY 5 / ILHA – NAMPULA – LICHINGA – NKWICHI (LAKE NIASSA)
Early departure to Nampula airport. Flight Nampula / Lichinga. Greeting at Lichinga airport and transfer of around 4.30 hours by road (and dirt roads) and boat to Nkwichi lodge****. A beautiful journey, down the rift valley escarpment, through Yao and Nyanja traditional lands. Initially the route is across the Lichinga plateau, before dropping down the escarpment to the Lake of Stars (Niassa/Malawi lake), and finally through the Manda Wilderness Community Conservation Area.
By late afternoon, check in your amazing chalet for 4 nights on a full board basis.
Nkwichi Lodge is set on one of the most beautiful points on the lake. It has been carefully designed to provide comfort and privacy for guests. With a maximum of only 14 people, the lodge can offer guests the highest levels of service in a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. The beach on the shores of the lake with its fine, white sand is the central feature at the heart of the lodge.
DAYS 6 TO 8 / NKWICHI
Three days to explore one of the last lost paradise and immerge in Nature. Swim, canoe, kayak, sail, fish, snorkel the lake, walk in the bush, watch the birds and monkeys, visit the surrounding islands and villages.
DAY 9 / NKWICHI LODGE – MBUNA BAY RETREAT
After breakfast, transfer to Mbuna bay retreat, another striking part of the lake. Boat to Cobue then road trip to Metangula (approximately 3 hours) before descending on the lovely and secluded bay.
Check in for 3 nights in a lake view bungalow at Mbuna bay lodge***/**** on a full board basis.
Located directly on the shores of Lake Niassa with its long sandy beaches and rocky bays surrounded by pristine bush land interspersed with giant Baobab and Mango trees, Mbuna Bay offers you peace, tranquility and first class comfort in an authentic African environment.
DAYS 10 AND 11 / MBUNA BAY
Two days dedicated to the lake and shore explorations, visit the village, kayak, canoe, snorkel and swim the crystal clear waters.
DAY 12 / MBUNA BAY – LICHINGA – NAMPULA
After an early breakfast, transfer to Lichinga airport (approximately 2 hours) and continuation of your journey.
Price terms and conditions
From $4.950 per person based on a double occupancy
Single supplement for solo traveler from $1.850
Single supplement for a person traveling with 2 other persons from $960
Kids under 10 sharing a room with 2 adults from $3.100
3rd person sharing a room with 2 adults from $3.300
The price include :
- Accommodation in a double villa for 4 nights at Coral lodge**** including all meals, tea/coffee, all non-motorized activities (fishing or sunset dhow cruise, windsurfing, use of snorkeling gear, canoeing and other non-motorized activity equipment), a guided tour to Ilha de Moçambique, $8 contribution to the community fund of Cabaceira Pequena
- Accommodation in a double chalet for 4 nights at Nkwichi logde**** including all meals, water, tea/coffee, all non-motorized activities (fishing or sunset dhow cruise, kayak, use of snorkeling gear, canoeing and other non-motorized activity equipment), laundry, a $40 community bed-night levy
- Accommodation in a double bungalow for 3 nights at Mbuna bay retreat***/**** including all meals, water and non motorized and non guided activities
- Road transfers : Nampula/ Ilha de Mozambique / Nampula - Lichinga / Nkwichi lodge - Nkwichi lodge / Mbuna bay - Mbuna bay / Lichinga
- Domestic flight Nampula / Lichinga
The price exclude:
- Non mentioned international and domestic flights and associated taxes
- Non mentioned meals & beverage
- Non mentioned activities and motorized activities
- Personal gifts and staff gratuities
- Personal travel and health insurances (compulsory)
- Visa fee
Pursue your journey with a beach and bush stay at Nuarro Eco-lodge (3 hours from Nampula), or North Mozambique near Pemba or on one of the idyllic islands of the Quirimbas archipelago unless you’d rather board a luxury catamaran or a traditional dhow for a cruise in the Archipelago.